When Do You Need a Workers' Compensation Attorney?

The Grady B. Martin Law Office Profile Image

The Grady B. Martin Law Office

Seattle, WA

Practice Areas

Workers Compensation

Workers' compensation attorneys assist injured workers who are having a difficult time getting their Labor & Industries claim. This could consist of difficulty getting the claim allowed, keeping it opened or getting it reopened. Sometimes injured workers need medical treatment for their industrial injuries that L&I denies coverage for or sometimes L&I denies payment of timeloss benefits the worker is entitled to. If any of these issues are happening with your claim, then you should look into hiring a workers' compensation attorney.

Being injured at work can have devastating physical, emotional, and financial consequences. Our workers’ compensation system is supposed to provide appropriate medical and monetary benefits to injured workers and their families. Unfortunately, the system often works too slowly or fails altogether.

At Grady B. Martin Law, we will take the time to listen to your concerns and then explain your rights as an injured worker.

Contacting us for a consultation will help you understand how the system works, what benefits you are entitled to, and how to move your claim in the direction you want it to go. We will give you the information you need to decide whether to hire an attorney immediately or wait and see how your claim goes.

If you choose to hire us, we will take the pressure off you by assisting with both the small and large aspects of your claim. We are knowledgeable and experienced but still provide the personal service of a small firm. We battle the Department of Labor and Industries as well as large self-insured employers and their third party representatives (Broadspire, CCMSI, Eberle Vivian, Esis, Sedgwick, etc.) We frequently handle appeals before the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals (BIIA), Superior Court, and the Court of Appeals.

We represent injured workers in King and Snohomish Counties and throughout Washington.

What circumstances do not require a workers' compensation attorney?

If you haven't filed a claim yet with the Department of L&I, then a workers' compensation attorney would not be able to assist you yet. It is a good idea to have a doctor file a claim on your behalf to get things started. Then, if you have any issues with your claim later on, please contact us for a consultation.

If you are looking to sue your employer, a workers' compensation attorney will be unable to help you with this. Our workers’ compensation system is not only established to protect injured workers, but it also protects the employers.

If you are concerned about work hazards, an unsafe work environment or discrimination in the workplace you can report it to the Department of Labor and Industries. For more information, visit the website listed below.


Talk to a Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How it Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you
Get Professional Help

Talk to an Employment Rights attorney.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you