Workers Compensation Laws in Hawaii

If you were a member of a volunteer service for the state of Hawaii (i.e. firefighter), and become injured, you are entitled to medical benefits and possibly compensation for time lost from your place of work. You are entitled to the same benefits as a volunteer that full time employees are given. If you are unsure of your rights, ask your commanding officer or superior.

If you find that you are injured during your volunteer work, you should immediately report your injury to your superior. If you are a volunteer member of the fire department or similar organization, they will have special forms they will request for you to fill out in order to report your injury. Pay close attention to all details especially if you have hit your head, as your injury may not full manifest itself until later.

Knowing Your Workers Compensation Laws in Hawaii

As you begin any new employment, you will be request to sign a series of documents. One of these documents will discuss the topic of workers compensation and offering this in exchange for your pledge on not suing the company. It is important to become familiar with these in order to know your rights and be prepared for any possible outcomes. If you make a mistake and not read the document you just signed, you might be signing away your rights without realizing it.

After accepting workers, compensation based on the workers compensation laws, you will have coverage in the event you are injured or if death occurs. This will provide you a measure of security for you and your family should anything happen. If there are different compensations you can select from, it might be a good idea to discuss this with your employer and a trusted advisor to select what would be best for you.

Obtaining Your Owed Wages in Hawaii

If you were injured for any period of time during work, you are entitled to all wages you earned and any that you would have earned had you not been injured. Workers compensation laws make this mandatory for employers to give their employees. If your employer should fail at any time to reimburse for your time, you can take this matter to a legal court and requests your owed wages as the workers compensation laws protect you in this matter. If you encounter this situation, you may consult a lawyer and have any legal fees charged back to your employer.

Talk to a Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How it Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you
Get Professional Help

Talk to an Employment Rights attorney.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you