Real Estate in Oregon

Many people who are either renting a home or are considering renting real estate in Oregon may not realize that as a tenant they have both certain rights and certain obligations that are actually a part of the law of the state.  For example, tenants are not allowed to let their houses become filthy, abuse the property that they are renting, or misuse any fixtures that are on the premises of the property.  Also, if you are not going to use the rental space to live in, this must be included in the rental agreement or it becomes null and void.   Likewise, landlords must obey certain measures of the tenant’s privacy, and they must also provide adequate living conditions and upkeep of the physical property for the tenant.  And, in Oregon, a landlord who owns five or more properties must provide to their tenants the containers in which they can put recycling items.

Responsibilities of Condominium Ownership

If you are looking at purchasing real estate in Oregon and are considering doing so in the form of a condominium, then you should know that there are some additional regulations that you may have to follow.  Because a condo is part of a larger unit of connected houses, when you purchase your condo, then you will receive some documents from the administration of the entire unit.  These are known as the bylaws that are associated with living in a condo.  In Oregon you will be required to follow these guidelines and restrictions or you will be forced to pay the price that is put forward by the association of unit owners.  This is similar to those codes that can be put forward by neighborhood association in regular homes.

Rights of a Property Owner to Recover Damages

If you own real estate in Oregon and your right to the property is undeniable, and that property is damaged by an outside party, then you have the right to press lawful action against that person in order to retrieve a monetary compensation for such damages.  Also, if you are the legal bearer of the property and someone else is keeping the property from you, you can take action against that person for this withholding.  This shall be taken up with either the resident or the person presuming to be the owner.