- Effectively Handling ERISA Disability Benefits Claims & Litigation
- Shocked at Receiving Your Long Term Disability Denial?
- Litigating Long Term Disability Insurance - ERISA Claims
- Unsuccessful Work Attempts: What Happens if You Work While Your Claim is Pending.
- Biggest Mistakes #3 - Or, "The SSA: Who are those guys?"
Talk to a Lawyer
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
The American College of Rheumatology ("ACR") changed the diagnostic criteria for Fibromyalgia.The American College of Rheumatology ("ACR") changed the diagnostic criteria for Fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgi has been accepted as a medical condition which, if severe enough, will support a finding of Social Security Disability since 2004. At that time, a claimant needed proof from a doctor showing that the claimant had at least 11 of 18 trigger points - whch was then the approved diagnostic criteria in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Since 2010, there have been new criteria which may include trigger points; however, there are three other factors to be considered. Check out the American College of Rheumotology for more information.If Fibromyalgia is one of your disabiling conditions, ask your doctor to mark where the trigger points are on a standard anitomical form. Also as your doctor to identify the specific things they analyzed to reach the diagnosis. Without that information in your medical chart, a simple diagnosis of Fibromyalgia will not be enough to prove the claim.