Adjustment of Status

Talk to a Lawyer

Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area

Gavel and Scales

Did you know that even if you have worked unlawfully (without authorization) or been unlawfully present in the United States after your visa expired, you can still get a green card if you're married to a United States Citizen? It's one of the most generous laws under the Immigration and Nationality Act. You may apply for "adjustment of status" if you are in the United States and you will get an interview with your spouse. If you have been married for less than two years, you'll get a conditional green card. After two years, you can get your conditions removed. Three years after you get your green card, even if it's conditional, you can apply to become a United States Citizen. Of course, you should consult with a lawyer if you are an immigrant and you are about to try and make moves in the immigration system. Believe it or not, there is a light at the end of the immigration tunnel, and you can become a United States Citizen, even if you are currently out of status, or working unlawfully. Consult with an immigration lawyer to find out how!

Talk to a Lawyer

Want to talk to an attorney? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys
Related Ads