Whether you're a multinational corporation looking to transfer foreign employees to the U.S. or a U.S. employer seeking specialized skills offered by foreign job candidates, you need effective legal counsel to effectively navigate immigration and nationality laws. Moawad P.C. Immigration Law practice offers the full range of services you need to facilitate the admission of these individuals into the U.S. and to advise companies about employer sanctions, record-keeping, and anti-discrimination provisions under current immigration laws and regulations.
Moawad P.C. provides a full range of immigration services with emphasis in the areas of transferred executives, specialized knowledge professionals, investors and family based immigration. We provide legal services in English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, and Mongolian.
Services We Provide:
* Developing and implementing strategies to hire employees from the international workforce.
* Preparing and filing nonimmigrant, immigrant, and employment-based visa applications, including H-1, L-1, TN, P-1, O-1, R-1, national interest waivers, outstanding researchers, and labor certifications.
* Coordinating the smooth transfer of employees from corporate locations outside the United States.
* Obtaining and maintaining permanent resident status and US citizenship.
* Providing counsel on compliance with federal requirements for verification of employeesâ work authorization and related anti-discrimination provisions, and representing employers in audits and investigations.
* Collaborating with tax and accounting professionals to integrate clientsâ immigration issues with business, tax, and personal objectives.
* Structuring individual immigration solutions for high-net-worth individuals and top-level executives.
* Nonimmigrant (Temporary) Visas for Employment H-1 (Specialty Workers/Professionals) - L-1 (Intra-Company Transferees) - TN (for Canadian or Mexican Citizens) - E-1 (Treaty Trader) and E-2 (Treaty Investor) - O-1 (Persons of Extraordinary Ability) - P-1, P-2, P-3 (Performers/Athletes) - H-2 (Seasonal/Temporary Workers) H-3 (Trainees) - J-1 (Exchange Visitors) Q-1 (Cultural Exchange) R-1 (Religious Workers)
* Immigrant Visas (Permanent Resident/Green Card) - Labor Certification Applications Persons of Extraordinary Ability Outstanding Professors and Researchers Multinational Executives and Managers - National Interest Waivers - Investment-based Green Card - Religious Workers - Family Immigration
* Other US Immigration Needs: - Extension of Stay - Change of Visa Status - US-Canadian Border Issues - Work Authorization for spouses - F-1 and M-1 Student Visas - B-1 (Business) and B-2 (Visitor) Visas - J-1 Waivers of foreign residence requirement - K-1 (FiancÃ©) and K-3 (Spouse) Visas - Visas for Family of Permanent Residents - Visa Processing Reentry permits - Citizenship and Naturalization - Authorization for School to Admit Foreign Students - I-9 Compliance and Audits Vehicle Seizure and Forfeiture
Moawad P.C.'s attorneys assist large and small clientsÂ with the establishment and operation of businesses and nonprofit organizations. These services often begin when our attorneys help clients select the proper form of organization (e.g., traditional corporations or partnerships or one of the more recently employed limited liability entities) for the entity's anticipated activities, taking into account federal and state tax considerations.
Once the organization form is selected, we often are asked to develop the documentation (articles and bylaws, partnership agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, etc.) to ensure that the governance of that entity is consistent with the client's objectives.
6302 Old Dominion Drive
McLean VA 22101
Edward Moawad is the founder and president of Moawad, P.C. His practice focuses on immigration, intellectual property, technology transfer and licensing, nonprofit organization, general business, taxation and corporate, and appellate advocacy. In addition to litigation, Mr. Moawad is involved in prosecution and licensing, and he counsels clients on a variety of trademark, copyright, and unfair competition matters.
Edward has over eight years of investment, business management, and personal finance experience. Prior to founding Moawad P.C., he has worked at: the United States Department of Commerce, Office of the General Counsel, Commercial Law Development Program; New Markets Venture Partners - Closed End Venture Capital Company; the Biotechnology Institute of the University System of Maryland, Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization; the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Departments of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering; and Manager of multimillion dollar portfolio of private accounts and trusts involving complex fiduciary and tax matters.
In addition, Mr. Moawad has over five years of academic research experience in molecular biology and biomedical engineering including conducting research on innovative nanotechnology methods and atomic force microscopy. He has published as a lead author several research articles in major scientific journals.
Edwards is quite involved in charitable work. In addition to his pro bono practice at the law firm, he volunteers at the Fairfax Bar Association Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center including their program: Wills on Wheels. He is also a member of the Board of Directors at two nonprofit organizations: CrisisLink and Green Apron, NGO.
Created On: 02/23/2011
Of particular concern to the local immigrants and business communities is learning about and choosing the appropriate category for investment-based travel and immigration to the United States...