Jeffrey P. White and Associates, P.C.
Maine Bankruptcy Attorney
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief
under the Bankruptcy Code.
Â Â Â * Chapter 7: If you qualify for Chapter 7, you can get a complete discharge of your unsecured debt. In most cases, will be able to retain possession of your home, car, and other property.
Chapter 13: Chapter 13 is a bankruptcy plan for reorganization of debt. Under Chapter 13, you can stop foreclosure proceedings; allowing you to keep your home while discharging your debts.
Chapter 11 consumer bankruptcy: This is a bankruptcy plan for individuals with too much debt to qualify for a Chapter 11 or Chapter 13.
Chapter 11 businesses bankruptcy: Chapter 11 is a process that allows businesses to reorganize their debts. It allows a business debtor to decrease its debt and increase its cash flow. It can also allow a business to maximize a return on the sale of its assets.
243 Mount Auburn Ave., S. B-1
eff White is a Maine native.
After graduating from law school, he moved to the Chicago area where he
developed a substantial practice and built a reputation in the business,
real estate and bankruptcy areas. In 2003, Jeff returned to Maine with
his wife and two daughters. He enjoys outdoor activities and is an avid
fly fisherman and skier.
Jeff's mission is to provide timely and effective legal services to
all of his clients at a fair price.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Consumer Protection
- Business Organizations
- Massachusetts, 1981
- Illinois, 1982
- Maine, 1988
- Wisconsin, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1983
- Suffolk University
Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- University of
Maine, Orono, Maine
- Law Offices of Trent and Butcher v. Busher (Northern
District of Illinois 2004)
- In Re: Kitzinger. (Northern District of Illinois 1999)
- In Re: Szyszko (Northern District of Illinois 1999)
- Retail Stores
- Software Developers
- Healthcare Businesses and Providers
- LMC, Inc.
- ROE, Inc.
- Genesis Group, Inc.
- Rapid River Flyfishing
- Consumer Bankruptcy Issues in Illinois, NBI, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- LMC, Inc., Director, 1996 - Present
- Sabre Medical Instruments, Inc., Director/Vice President, 2005 -
- Genesis Group, Inc., Vice President, 2005 - Present
- EZdrain, Inc., Vice President/Director, 2005 - Present
- Trout Unlimited, Mollyockett Chapter, Director, 2005 - Present
- Paris Hill Library, Director, 2004 - Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Chairman, Agri Business Committee, 1988
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member, 1990 - Present
- Small Woodland Owners Association of Maine (SWOAM), Member, 2004 -
- NACBA, Member, 2006 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- William L. Needler and Associates, 1981 - 1983
Pro Bono Activities
- Paris Hill Library Assoc.
- Trout Unlimited
- Save the Rapid
- Business Consulting
- Conservation Trust and Easement Consulting
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Roof Drain Manufacturing