Jeffrey P. White and Associates, P.C.
Maine Bankruptcy. Stop foreclosure and repossessions.
Jeffrey P. White and Associates, P.C., was established in 1983. I focus on all aspects of consumer and business bankruptcy issues; workouts tax issue and small business representation.
Example 1: I saved my clients' home from foreclosure and lien-striped a second mortgage. The balance of the debt was then reduced to provide my clients with affordable and manageable payments.
Example 2: I avoided penalties on income tax debts owed by my clients and then forced a payment plan for the balance then owed over a period of 54 months without interest. Some tax debt that was more than three years old was totally eliminated.
243 Mount Auburn Ave., S. B-1
Free Initial Consultation?
A free consultation is given for consumer bankruptcies.
Services Offered For Fixed Fees?
Most consumer bankruptcies are based upon a fixed fee plus costs. Fees range from $800 on up. A common fee for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is $1,400 plus cost. A common Chapter 13 bankruptcy is $1,600 plus costs in advance with an additional $1,200 being paid through the Debtor's Chapter 13 plan.
- $75 to $90 for paralegals - $185 for associates - $250 for me
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
477 Congress Street
243 Mt. Auburn Ave., S. B-1,
How did your firm decide on the primary area of practice(s)?
Bankruptcy is a perfect fit for my personality as it allows me to affirmatively help clients by providing them with relief from the stress and anxiety that accompanies financial difficulties and collection activities. Our clients truly get a fresh start! It also fits in with my love for business.
What is your firm's point of view regarding clients educating themselves on legal issues?
It is my goal to educate the clients regarding their options, risks, benefits and costs of any contemplated legal action in a thorough and thoughtful manner. I then make recommendations as to legal strategy. The discussion will typically include non-legal effects of legal proceedings upon one's life i.e. stress issues, credit issues etc. My goal is to provide sufficient information to allow a client to make an informed decision as to the best course of action in light of the discussed factors.
Is your firm willing to review documents prepared by clients?
I am willing to review legal documents for clients. I charge my normal hourly fees to do so.
Is your firm willing to coach clients who want to represent themselves?
I do not coach non-clients due to the potential for liability on a case for which I have no control.
Jeff White is a Maine native.
After graduating from law school, he moved to the Chicago area where he
developed a substantial practice and built a reputation in the business,
real estate and bankruptcy areas. In 2003, Jeff returned to Maine with
his wife and two daughters. He enjoys outdoor activities and is an avid
fly fisherman and skier.
Jeff's mission is to provide timely and effective legal services to
all of his clients at a fair price.
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy Law
- Consumer Protection
- Business Organizations
- Massachusetts, 1981
- Illinois, 1982
- Maine, 1988
- Wisconsin, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1983
- Suffolk University
Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- University of
Maine, Orono, Maine
- Law Offices of Trent and Butcher v. Busher (Northern
District of Illinois 2004)
- In Re: Kitzinger. (Northern District of Illinois 1999)
- In Re: Szyszko (Northern District of Illinois 1999)
- Retail Stores
- Software Developers
- Healthcare Businesses and Providers
- LMC, Inc.
- ROE, Inc.
- Genesis Group, Inc.
- Rapid River Flyfishing
- Consumer Bankruptcy Issues in Illinois, NBI, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- LMC, Inc., Director, 1996 - Present
- Sabre Medical Instruments, Inc., Director/Vice President, 2005 -
- Genesis Group, Inc., Vice President, 2005 - Present
- EZdrain, Inc., Vice President/Director, 2005 - Present
- Trout Unlimited, Mollyockett Chapter, Director, 2005 - Present
- Paris Hill Library, Director, 2004 - Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Chairman, Agri Business Committee, 1988
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member, 1990 - Present
- Small Woodland Owners Association of Maine (SWOAM), Member, 2004 -
- NACBA, Member, 2006 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- William L. Needler and Associates, 1981 - 1983
Pro Bono Activities
- Paris Hill Library Assoc.
- Trout Unlimited
- Save the Rapid
- Business Consulting
- Conservation Trust and Easement Consulting
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Roof Drain Manufacturing