Anna Yum Law
Experienced and Aggressive Criminal Defense at Affordable Rates - Former Deputy District Attorney -
Facing criminal charges can cause much stress and anxiety in your life. A misdemeanor and/or felony conviction on your record can produce life-altering effects for the rest of your life. For instance, you will find it difficult to find a job, to enroll in certain schools, to apply for a loan, to vote, and to keep your driver's license, among many more limitations.
So, what do you do if you've been recently arrested or criminal charges have been filed against you? Don't dwell on the past. Don't look backwards. Let's be honest, you can't change the past. You cannot change the fact that you were arrested or that charges were filed against you. However, you can change your future by choosing to place your criminal matter in the hands of a skilled and aggressive lawyer who will fight for your rights. If you are looking for an attorney who will provide you with highly personalized attention, aggressive representation, and affordable rates, contact the Law Offices of Anna R. Yum for a FREE CONSULTATION .
San Diego Office
501 West Broadway, Suite 800
Education Anna Yum graduated with a J.D. from University of San Diego School of Law and a B.S.
- Anna Yum graduated with a J.D. from University of San Diego School of Law and a B.S. in Communication Studies/International studies from Northwestern University.
- While at the University of San Diego School of Law, Anna was inducted into the prestigious Order of Barristers which recognizes the best oral advocates in her graduating class.
- Anna was one of four recipients in her graduating class to receive the American Board of Trial Advocates awards.
RIVERSIDE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
- Upon graduating from USD School of Law and passing the California bar examination, Anna became a Deputy District Attorney for the Riverside County District Attorney's Office.
- Anna engaged in a very successful and respected career at the District Attorney's Office.
- Anna Yum has extensive trial experience and an impressive record of success. She has conducted at least 20 trials in the last 2.5 to 3 years
- During Anna's tenure at the District Attorney's office, she received a number of awards and honors.
- Nominated for Riverside Misdemeanor Prosecutor of the Year
- Won DDA Employee of the Month while on the Misdemeanor Trial Team
- Won DDA Employee of the Month while in the Sexual Assault and Child Abuse unit.
- Personally handpicked by District Attorney to be highlighted in the annual recruiting brochure due to her success in the office.
- While at the District Attorney's Office, Anna handled a variety of criminal matters due to her many assignments. She was assigned to the following units:
- Misdemeanor Trials
- Felony Trials
- Grand Theft Auto
- Domestic Violence
- Career Criminal
- Sexual Assault and Child Abuse
- Durring law school, Anna served as a judicial extern in Los Angeles for the Honorable Robert M. Takasugi, Senior Federal Judge in the Central District of California.
- She also served as a certified law clerk for the San Diego Office of the Public Defender.
- As a law clerk, she gained experience defending indigent men and women accused of committing crimes.
- She obtained jury trial experience in both misdemeanor and felony matters.
- She also engaged in extensive and successful negotiations with deputy district attorneys from the San Diego District Attorney's Office
- Prosecution and Defense experience
- As a former prosecutor, Anna understands prosecution methods and strategies. She effectively uses her prior experience to prepare for her clients' defense.
- She's practiced on both sides; she can see issues from both sides and she recognizes the major issues in the case. She recognizes the major flaws in cases and the key concepts to successful negotiation in order to strive for the best outcome for her clients.
- Anna's aggressive and zealous advocacy reflects her fight to protect her clients' rights.
- Due to Anna's hard work, integrity, and trial experience, she has garnered a respected reputation among judges, DDA's, and other defense attorneys.
- Reputation among colleagues and judges is everything when it comes to negotiations in a case. It can often times lead to favorable resolution before trial.
- If resolution is not achieved, Anna zealously takes on cases and she avidly looks forward to taking a case to trial.
Anna is fluent in Korean.
- Bar Number: California State Bar
California , 2005
- University of San Diego School of Law
JD - Juris Doctor
San Diego, CA
Order of Barristers - University of San Diego School of Law 2005
- Northwestern University
Bachelor of Science
Anna Yum on HLN's Jane Velez-Mitchell debates Michael Dunn trial